We are pleased to announce that the Digital Training and Support Framework now includes 54 approved suppliers. This award notice has been published on the Contracts Finder service.
Many UK adults lack the digital skills to use online government services independently or to make the most of the internet more broadly. Barriers to using online services include lack of access, insufficient basic digital skills, lack of trust, and motivation to get online. To help address these problems and overcome barriers, the Digital Training and Support framework allows public sector organisations to more easily procure vital assisted digital support and digital inclusion/engagement services.
The framework has five lots:
- Support to use government digital services
- Digital Inclusion research and analysis
- Design of a digital inclusion course, product or intervention
- Delivery of digital inclusion/basic digital skills training, and
- Digital inclusion marketing and promotion.
We are currently writing formal guidance on how to use the framework. This will be published later. In the meantime, public sector organisations can find out more by contacting the Framework Authority and GDS at DigitalTrainingfirstname.lastname@example.org.